Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oslo, Norway

Much larger city obviously, but shockingly food just OK.  Extremely expensive given location and bad dollar exchange -- beers were $10+!  Only one restaurant had decent food -- Rust Restaurant.

Saw the Opera House (cool building design, like a glacier), Viking Ship Museum (3 big boats, kind of lame), Polarship Fram Museum (very good, depicting Amundsen's South Pole discovery), Nobel Peace Center Museum (I think the worse museum I've been to, very difficult to actually get information vs. the high tech displays), the Fortress (OK, but it has been majorly re-constructed as place is used for State events, so not entirely old anymore), and the Frognerparken Sculpture garden (as a collection, pretty cool; as any 1 piece of sculpture, not impressive).

I think the best day was the lazy lunch I had at the Wharf and then the nap on these beach chairs by the water (see view from my 'cabana').

All in all, likely wouldn't go back to Oslo as I think I saw all there was of interest to me.  If I did, I'd definitely go to ski jump which is outside town limits.


pistachio coated white fish & great salty potatoes

Opera House

Viking Ship
View from my 'cabana' napping spot

One of many sculptures at garden

No comments:

Post a Comment