Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hampton's @ Manhattan Beach, CA

My husband & I went to this place on Monday night, for me the second time.  He's heard very bad things about the place but my first experience was okay.  Keep in mind this is a new restaurant and they are still working out the kinks.

We had the crab cakes (good, not the best I've had), pork sliders (good), and the beet salad (good, a bit too much cheese).  I thought they did a great job even though they were busy.  They give you a flat bread with lots of cheese/garlic on top which for me was over cooked.  They offer a lot of fish for grill or blackened which I suspect would not be good, at least not until they work out kinks.  Cooking fish to order takes practice, perhaps this is what the people who had bad experiences had.

All in all, I'll go back for the more casual food.

No comments:

Post a Comment