Monday, November 14, 2011

The Hungry Cat @ Hollywood, CA - Vine & Selma

Stopped in here for a quick bite last night.  I have heard good things, but I was not impressed. 

The place looks nice enough although sandwiched in between two buildings a not easy to find from the street.  Considered a seafood place, we had two specials -- lobster roll w/ garlic fries and seafood fritters.  The lobster roll was served on a hot dog bun which I thought could be good, but the bun did nothing for the roll and actually detracted from it.  The lobster salad did have plenty of lobster but not very flavorful.  Fries were salty.  The fritters were cod fish and so salty, like a salt lick! 

Given the place is supposed to excel in seafood, I was very disappointed.  I won't be going back.


Lobster Roll with Garlic Fries

Seafood Fritters

No comments:

Post a Comment