Wednesday, May 4, 2011

El Segundo Farmer's Market

I went to the Farmer's market in El Segundo by the Whole Foods.  I have to say, pretty pathetic.  It was one row of booths, half were not food.  3 food stalls for lunch, including the Rajun Cajun truck.  Rajun Cajun was unbelievably slow and the rush hadn't even started.  The fruits/vegetable selection was minimal and not very good.  There was a petting zoo with pony rides.  So you can't bring your dog to the market, but a variety of sad looking farm animals is OK?  Since when did Llamas graze together with ducks & goats?

Anyway, the only highlight was a Ben & Jerry's truck giving out free tastes.  I hope the Manhattan Beach Farmer's market is better, but I think I'll have to make the trek up to Santa Monica once a week.  Honestly, Ralphs on a bad day is better than this market.

No comments:

Post a Comment