Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lukshon @ Helms Bakery

Last night I went to Lukshon, a new restaurant at the Helms Bakery on the corner of Washington & Helms.  This place is Asian inspired and all plates are shared.  It is owned by the same people who own Father's Office which is next door. 

Price points are medium range for both wines and plates.  I would agree with the recent review that their rice dishes are among the least liked by my table.  Other dishes we had:  Pork Belly, Brussel Sprouts, Mussels, & Short Ribs.  Overall, too much spice.  I really didn't like what they did to the Brussel Sprouts.  Plus eating mussels with a green curry & rice is a bit advanced for me with chopsticks.  In keeping with my celebrity sightings, Brian Grazer did come in.

All in all, just OK.  I wouldn't seek this place out again.  Father's Office is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment