Wednesday, August 10, 2011

American Farmhouse Tavern @ Manhattan Beach, CA

Went to this new place at 10th & Sepulveda for lunch with a friend today.  Since I forgot my phone, I have no pictures.  I'm not sure what was here before, but this is a large restaurant.  Happy Hour looks good, although for lunch it was just too heavy.  Entrees are mainly meat/fish and potatoes or heavy pasta dishes.  They did have salads but the menu is poorly designed as they don't at all jump out.  Not to mention there are no appetizers or starters on the menu.  So you stuck with a heavy meal.  Price points are good and for now, they have happy hour during lunch as well.

I had the Shrimp Pesto Pasta and it was very oily and creamy.  Definitely not anywhere close to low cal.  My friend had Flat Iron Steak & Fries and that looked good.  Drinks are $4/per during happy hour so bill was $45 with tip.  not bad. 

On the way out, I saw them smoking/grilling the chicken wings for happy hour later.  

All in all, I will definitely go back but only for dinner or happy hour.  Meals are just too heavy for during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment