Sunday, August 28, 2011

American Farmhouse Tavern @ Manhattan Beach, CA

Went to this place for a second time, but this time for dinner.  It is a much better dinner place, although I'm not sure how long this place will make it. 

For a Saturday night, it wasn't busy.  The place is huge so just getting the profit per square foot to a reasonable level will be hard.  They had a band that started just after 8pm which I nicknamed the mumblers.  You couldn't understand anything they were singing. 

They do give you a lot of food.  Their 'appetizer' is a combo of hearty vegetable soup, beans, and salsa, that they instruct you to mix together.  It wasn't bad, but more reminiscent of something I throw together in the winter that you just eat -- whether or not it's any good.  The dinners come with a good salad, a side dish, and either dessert or an after dinner drink.  I had the lamb chops which were OK; my husband had the burger which he liked.  Food is good, not fantastic, but the prices are reasonable. 

All in all, I'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment