Saturday, April 28, 2012

Aimee's Bistro @ Redondo Beach, CA

Finally went to this restaurant last night.  I've seen it for years, but just haven't made it in.  It was very good.  A family atmosphere, we were seated in booth, which was lucky as there are some less than desirable tables in the middle.  I had a butter lettuce & gorgonzola salad which was perfect, then scallops and pasta which was not overly sauced (although the scallops could have been washed better), and my husband had the gnocchi which was very good.  For dessert, the apple tart, made to order, is by far one of the best desserts I have had in a long time.  Filo dough on the bottom, marzipan and thinly sliced apples.  The photo doesn't show it off well as the ice cream is melting but it is delicious. 

All in all, I will go back as many times as I can get my husband to make the drive down there.

Gorgonzola salad

Scallops & linguine

Gnocchi with artichoke hearts & red peppers

Apple tart

No comments:

Post a Comment