Sunday, April 15, 2012

Park Kitchen @ Pearl District in Portland, OR

Went here this weekend.  I've heard many good things, but this place is just far enough off beaten path that I haven't tried it yet.  It was good, not great.  I had the recommended Salt Cod Fritters (mushy balls of starch that just weren't good.  they should have been a third of the size and then maybe), Parsnip & Almond soup w/ Lamb (good but not great.  To me, this was more of a heavy and plentiful sauce around ground lamb not really a soup), and Flank Steak & Blue Cheese Salad (the best by far.  almost too much steak but perfectly balanced with strong blue cheese).

I didn't have dessert but maybe if I try this place again.  All in all, I may go back but only if others want to.

Salt Cod Fritters w/ vinegar

Parsnip & Almond Soup surrounding Lamb and vegies

Flank Steak and Blue Cheese Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment