Sunday, April 15, 2012

Irving Street Kitchen @ Pearl District in Portland, OR

Went here Saturday night and it was good.  Oregon is the land of Pinots and I don't care for them, so I am usually limited to my Cab choices.  The bartender selected one for me and poured me a taste from a 'spigot'.  This place buys wine direct from wineries and gets them in kegs vs. bottles.  It is primarily a green play, but they also get cheaper wine = less bottles, less weight, less transport/labor charges, etc. 

Well the first wine had somewhat turned and I created quite the stir in the bar group as they never did figure out what happened.  Second wine was good and I had the Artichoke Pasta which was very good although the deep fried artichoke chips could have been left off. 

All in all, I'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment