Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cowgirl Creamery Tour & Pt Reyes Lighthouse

Went to the Cowgirl Creamery cheese tour yesterday.  It was good, but not worth a day off if you are not a fanatic.  There was quite a bit of tasting and then of course, you can buy a bunch of cheese for lunch.   Cowgirl is part of the Marin Agricultural Land Trust and Tomales Bay Foods.  Both were started to join the area together in selling the output of the area -- milk, produce, beef, and by products. 

Before the tour, I drove out to the Point Reyes Lighthouse.  It is quite a ways out there and you don't see the lighthouse until you park & walk about half a mile.  It was too windy to tour the lighthouse so I just got a photo.  It was amazing how nice it was 20 miles inland vs. right on the coast where the wind was knocking you off your feet. Extremely pretty drive though, lots of Mooo Cows!

Then a long HOT drive to Redding.  Very boring and to make it especially fun, my car was overheating so I had to crank the heat the entire time & drive with the windows open.  I think I lost several pounds in water weight over the last 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment