Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gruner @ Portland, OR

Last night, we went to Gruner, a German restaurant near the Pearl District.   Overall, I have to say disappointing.  (Keep in mind, I need to do a better job of taking photos BEFORE I eat the dish. I will become a better foodie, I swear!.  Sorry,  I will give it to Gruner that the dishes did look better than my photos)

We had Swiss Chard & Ricotta Dumplings (which were very dense and had little flavor), Maultaschen (a ravioli with pork, spinach, & beef, and not that special), the Endive salad (the highlight of the evening), and the Pork Sampler (which was good but not very flavorful, it had pork belly, pork tenderloin, & pork sausage, with little sauce or other attributes to add flavor).

I so wanted this place to be good, but it just had not real flavor.  It was either really heavy or just little flavor. 

So all in all, I won't go back.   It isn't worth it.








No comments:

Post a Comment