Monday, June 13, 2011

Portland Rose Festival & a compliment


This weekend was the end of Portland's Rose Festival.  Which did not have any roses, at least that I could find.  Someone told me later that normally roses were in bloom by now, although not this year.  But you see them at the garden, not at the fair itself.  It was also Fleet week; so many sailors and many A-16's being taunted. 

I walked the amusement park before they were open and had my heart set on a deep fried snickers but they weren't ready.  So I went to get coffee and didn't realize that by leaving the 'fair grounds' I couldn't come back in w/o paying $5, so no snickers bar for me. 

Then just walked around the area.  Had a beer at Henry's Tavern which has 100+ beers on tap and shockingly had PBR on tap.  While I've had PBR a long time ago, it has been only recently that I see it all over the place.  Whoever is doing the marketing for this now, has done a fantastic job.  Nearly from 0 to 70% coverage within 2 years or less.  Amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment